The Berkshire town of Hancock, MA was settled in 1762 as the Plantation of Jericho and was officially incorporated in 1776 when its name was changed to Hancock. In the 1790’s the Shakers establish Hancock Shaker Village in the southern part of town. Today, it is run as a museum and is most famous for its large “Round Stone Barn” that was built back in 1826. Hancock, MA is also home to the county’s largest ski resort, Jiminy Peak. It is also open in the summer months as an adventure park.
Hancock, MA information:
Named after John Hancock
Originally settled as the Plantation of Jericho
Hancock, MA town website
Town Hall: 3650 Hancock Rd., Hancock, MA 01237
Phone: (413) 738-5225
Use our directory to find places to shop, eat, stay and play at in the Berkshires.
Get driving directions to Hancock, MA –