Peru, MA was first settled in 1767 and was officially incorporated as Patridgefield in 1771. The Western Massachusetts town was originally names for Oliver Partridge, one of the three purchasers of the town. In 1805 the name was officially changed to Peru, maybe due to its high altitude (the highest in the state). A large portion of the town is forested, with the northern third covered by wildlife management area, and much of the southern part is covered by the Peru and Middlefield State Forests. Peru, MA is a quiet town with a lot to do for the outdoor enthusiast.
Peru, MA information:
Originally named as Northern Berkshire Township #2
Named changed to Peru in 1805 because of high elevation
Town Hall: 21 West Main Rd., Peru, MA 01235
Phone: (413) 655-8312
Use our directory to find places to shop, eat, stay and play at in the Berkshires.
Get driving directions to Peru, MA –