First settled in 1777, but officially incorporated in 1797, the Berkshire County town of Savoy, MA started off with a grazing agrarian industry. Several mills, a blacksmith’s shop and two stores were also prosperous for a period of time. In 1810 the Mormon prophet Joseph Smith lived and proselytized in Savoy before moving westward. Today, Savoy is known for its quiet rural community and splendid natural beauty. Savoy, MA’s position on the Westfield River makes it an excellent place for the fly-fishing enthusiast.
Savoy, MA information:
Originally part of Northern Berkshire Township #6
Named for the land’s resemblance to the Duchy of Savoy
Savoy, MA town website
Town Hall: 720 Main Rd., Savoy, MA 01256
Phone: (413) 743-4290
Use our directory to find places to shop, eat, stay and play at in the Berkshires.
Get driving directions to Savoy, MA –